Let’s face it: sexual pleasure and great orgasms are something we all strive for, whether we realize it or not. Many people find sexual pleasure and orgasms elusive and unattainable, which is why we sometimes feel frustrated, our relationships fall apart, and we simply end up feeling dazed and confused. This is why in today’s episode of the Busine$$ of the V we bring you Kiana Reeves, a woman whose mission is to help people understand their sexuality and achieve pleasure during sexual encounters.
Kiana is the Chief Brand Officer at Foria Wellness, a company whose plant-based products are entirely focused on sexual wellness, arousal, pelvic discomfort, and all other sex-related issues. Apart from having this vital role, Kiana is also a pelvic health therapist, a somatic sex educator, and a certified doula. So, buckle up and pay close attention as Dr. Dweck, Rachel and Kiana discuss the importance of sexual wellness, informed consent, and anal play and give you many tips that can take your sex life to the next level!
You can subscribe or listen to previous episodes of the Busine$$ of the V podcast by clicking here.
- Becoming a mother for the first time changed Kiana’s life completely, which is one of the reasons why she ended up at Foria Wellness.
- Pelvic healthcare is the reason why Kiana started her own business; she wanted to learn about different practices from around the world.
- This is how she met Mathew Gerson, the founder of Foria, who changed her life forever.
- Somatic Sexology Explained: you need to understand your genitals and how your pleasure works.
- The release of their first arousal oil and the incredible customer feedback: “I’m reaching parts of my arousal that I didn’t even know were possible!”
- The Secret Sauce: we enhance arousal, help the muscles relax, and your chances of experiencing pleasure increase dramatically.
- Dr. Dweck considers the number of patient complaints regarding libido and sexual drive, as anxiety, inflammation, and discomfort inhibit women’s sexual pleasure.
- Libido is a responsive desire; we respond to environmental inputs.
- Rachel emphasized that female sexual response is a complex interplay of physiological, social, emotional, and other factors.
- Sexual arousal can manifest physically first, then mentally; it does not always have to begin in the brain!
- Dr. Dweck notes the “use it or lose it“ philosophy is falling out of favor; arousal-enhancing products allow you to rekindle sexual pleasure later in life.
- How are CBD products presented to consumers and how do they react to this intriguing ingredient?
- Kiana emphasizes that Foria always makes sure to inform their customers and help them understand the efficacy and benefits of CBD products.
- For those who still do not want to use CBD products for various reasons, Foria also offers CBD-free products.
- Kiana discusses how her sex life changed after having a baby and emphasizes the importance of supporting women at this stage of life.
- Rachel brings up the taboo subject of anal pleasure: do we understand what this is and should we believe everything we read online?
- Dr. Dweck, notes consent, trust and plenty of long lasting lubricant are vital to comfortable and pleasurable anal play.
- Kiana explains the various layers of anal play and claims that it requires a high level of safety and relaxation, as well as an ongoing conversation between partners to achieve mutual understanding and pleasure.
- Dr. Dweck provides newly published information: many clinicians, including gynecologists, are uncomfortable discussing this subject.
- According to Rachel, the education around sexual wellness and intimacy is inadequate and we need to be better educated on the subject.
- Kiana reveals that, there is not sufficient education on this subject, they seek information from brands and companies.
- Menstruation, potential pregnancies, breastfeeding, childbirth, postpartum, perimenopause, and menopause: our bodies are constantly changing and there are many critical moments when we don’t have enough support, which is something that Kiana strives to improve.
- For more great education and amazing plant-based products, you can visit the Foria Wellness website or simply look them up on Instagram.
- HOT FLASH: Studies have shown that CBD may help reduce chronic pain by affecting the endocannabinoid receptor activity of the brain, reducing inflammation, and interacting with neurotransmitters.
“Somatic sexology work is hands-on work on the body, understanding your genitals, understanding your own sexual pleasure through a felt experience of it.” (Kiana)
“There’s a whole contingent of people, particularly women and people with vulvas who have discomfort, tensions and all sorts of different conditions as they try to access pleasure.” (Kiana)
“One of the biggest complaints I see is libido or sexual drive. Anxiety, inflammation, and discomfort are certainly part of this diminished libido.” (Dr. Dweck)
“There are two concepts: responsive desire which is this idea that we respond to inputs in our environment, and this impulsive, ‘on-demand’ desire that is shown in all of the movies.” (Kiana)
“Female sexual response is a combination of psychological, physiological, social, emotional, behavioral and contextual factors.” (Rachel)
“We educate people around CBD and explain that it is not intoxicating. CBD has physiological effects and benefits on the body.” (Kiana)
“Sex gets very different after having a baby, whether you have a vaginal birth or a cesarean. Being able to support people in this transition to a different kind of sexual experience is so important.” (Kiana)
“A lot of women are interested in anal play because there is no chance of pregnancy during this type of sexual encounter. Others are going to say, ‘this is not my cup of tea and I never want to be involved in that’.” (Dr. Dweck)
“When you’re going from anal to vaginal play, you can have bacteria migrating that doesn’t belong in the vagina, and that can cause different types of infections. The key piece that we educate around is: how do you safely engage in anal play?” (Kiana)
“We know how subpar the education is around sexual wellness and intimacy. One of the great things about companies like yours is you’re filling in that gap that people aren’t getting.” (Rachel)
Foria Wellness: www.foriawellness.com
LINKS FOR BUSINE$$ OF THE V:
Dr. Alyssa Dweck: https://drdweck.com Rachel Braun Scherl: www.sparksolutionsforgrowth.com/about-rachel-braun-scherl/
Author Rachel Braun Scherl: www.sparksolutionsforgrowth.com/about-rachel-braun-scherl/